PhD students in the Division of the Humanities at the University of Chicago are essential members of a vibrant intellectual community in which students learn to become scholars and teachers. We prepare our PhD students to advance knowledge in their discipline and provide pedagogical training to assist in the development of their critical thinking skills and scholarship. This training has led to strong career outcomes for PhD students including faculty positions at prestigious research institutions, as well as pivotal roles in museums, businesses, and nonprofits worldwide.
We invite you to review data on the outcomes achieved by PhD students in your program of interest within the Division of the Humanities. If you have questions about the outcomes data for your program of interest, contact the Dean of Students office at email@example.com.
- Art History
- Cinema and Media Studies
- Comparative Literature
- East Asian Languages and Civilizations
- English Language and Literature
- Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations
- Romance Languages and Literature
- South Asian Languages and Civilizations
* Data for the PhD Germanic Studies is unavailable due to sample size.