Meet the Staff: Loreal E. Robertson

Meet the Staff: Loreal E. Robertson

Loreal E. Robertson

More than 100 staff members work in the Division of the Humanities. We’ll introduce you to our staff in this continuing series.

Loreal E. Robertson
Assistant Dean of Students, Diversity and Inclusion,
Dean of Students Office

What do you like most about your job?

This job is an inaugural position for the division. I have the opportunity, with the help of students and colleagues, to create the foundation of what this role becomes in the future. It has been a pleasure thus far connecting with individuals about the importance of diversity and inclusion work in an educational environmental, and how it takes the effort of all of us to move the needle forward.

What was the last good book you read?

I closed out 2021 reading a total of 24 books. Two of my favorites were The Girl with the Louding Voice by Abi Dare and Black Magic: What Black Leaders Learned from Trauma and Triumph by Chad Sanders.

You might work with me if …

…you are involved with the implementation of diversity, equity and inclusion programs, initiatives, and best practices on campus.

What is the most important thing you have learned during the current pandemic?

To extend grace to myself and others as we have constantly had to pivot or reimagine ways in which to navigate our personal lives, professional work, and the world around us. We are not always going to get it right but are doing the best we can in this climate to simply just survive and show up for ourselves and others.

Tagged with: 
January 4, 2022