Meet the Staff: Tesbih Habbal

Meet the Staff: Tesbih Habbal

Tesbih Habbal

More than 100 staff members work in the Division of the Humanities. We'll introduce you to our staff in this continuing series.

Tesbih Habbal
Academic Affairs Coordinator
Office of the Dean

What do you like most about your job?
I appreciate the work environment. I am extremely fortunate to be surrounded with a wonderful group of supervisors and colleagues whose dedication, passion, and enduring support make my work all the more enjoyable. Working in such a family-like workplace creates a sense of unity, respect, and purpose—for which I am truly grateful.

Working in the Dean’s Office has also allowed me to meet many amazing people and to collaborate with a wide range of colleagues across the Division and beyond, including department administrators, directors, and chairs. I love how each of our tasks requires multiple parties to work together. Collaborative work is a great way to bring co-workers together and build professional bridges.

What was the last good book you read?
The Other Americans by Laila Lalami and On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong

You might work with me if ...
… you need assistance with academic affairs issues. I also serve as the first point of contact for short-term and visiting appointments–among other things.

Where is the best place you’ve traveled to, and what made it the best?
To date, Istanbul, Turkey, is the favorite place that I have traveled. The country is fascinating—particularly its rich culture, the combination of the ancient and contemporary, and the food. In many ways, the country reminded me of my home—Syria—and this is what makes Turkey especially special to me.

Tagged with: 
July 28, 2020