Meet the Staff: Alyssa Miller

Meet the Staff: Alyssa Miller

Alyssa Miller Headshot

More than 100 staff members work in the Division of the Humanities. We’ll introduce you to our staff in this continuing series.

Alyssa Miller
Financial and Academic Affairs Administrator
Department of Art History

What do you like most about your job?

This job is teaching me a lot about myself. I am new to academia and administrative work, and being able to solve problems and see the influence of my method has been empowering.

What was the last good book you read?

The last book I finished was Beasts of a Little Land by Juhea Kim. It was the first female narrative that I had picked up in a long time, and I found it surprisingly comforting.

You might work with me if …

... you want to co-sponsor or co-host an art- or art history-related event on campus, especially in the Cochrane Woods Art Center, you need to know something about our department's finances, or are being hired on as faculty, a lecturer, or student employee.

Do you have a favorite artist? What draws you to their work?

I wouldn't say I'm a big fan of any one artist's work, but I am more often drawn to the abstract. I typically engage with a piece of artwork first by questioning the processes by which it was created, which sometimes inspires me to experiment with the media myself.

Tagged with: 
May 28, 2024