Meet the Staff: Kat Byrnes

Meet the Staff: Kat Byrnes

Photo of Kat Byrnes, a Division of the Humanities staff member

More than 100 staff members work in the Division of the Humanities. We’ll introduce you to our staff in this continuing series.

Kat Byrnes
Administrator, Academic Affairs
Office of the Dean

What do you like most about your job?

I really enjoy the cyclical nature of my job. My previous positions didn't follow the academic year, and all duties happened at all times with little breathing room. It's exciting to follow the progression of a search and see the culmination of everyone's hard work. I'm looking forward to learning more about and working closely with the various departments.

What was the last good book you read?

I loved reading Always Human: A Graphic Novel by Ari North. The art is vibrant, the story warm and engagingit was delightful watching the two protagonists grow and learn from each other. It has inspired me to pick up drawing again after a couple of years and experiment with different art styles.

You might work with me if …

… You are a Department Administrator, on a faculty search committee, or have questions about academic onboarding.

If you didn’t have to worry about money, what project or experience would you pursue?

I would want to build a quiet nature retreat. There wouldn't be any cars or other city noise nearby, and I'd have a place to relax among a canopy of trees, blooming flowers, and small wildlife creatures. I'd probably never leave from that spot.

Tagged with: 
March 22, 2024