Meet the Staff: Anna Dobrowolski

Meet the Staff: Anna Dobrowolski

Anna Dobrowolski

More than 100 staff members work in the Division of the Humanities. We’ll introduce you to our staff in this continuing series.

Anna Dobrowolski
Student Affairs Administrator
Department of English Language and Literature

What do you like most about your job?

I started out when we were all remote, so connecting with coworkers, faculty members, graduate, and undergraduate students always brightens my day. It’s such a positive, word-loving community. I especially enjoy when students stop by to talk about their projects and goals. We are revamping the “Guilty Pleasures” series, so my office has also become the makeshift confessional for sharing topics we “hate to love” or “love to hate.”  I'm looking forward to those upcoming events.

What was the last good book you read?

It’s a toss-up between a couple of books: Mary Gabriel’s Ninth Street Women, Cervantes’s Don Quixote, and, to round it out, Austen’s Pride and Prejudice. I tend to gravitate toward collections of letters or biographies these days.  

You might work with me …

if you have any questions about the English major, the BA project, department course scheduling, or PhD requirements. 

Do you typically set intentions or resolutions for each new year? If so, any you would like to share?

As a chronic goal-setter, at some point I decided to ditch the idea of setting a resolution at the start of the year; it just seemed redundant. I thought it would be better to set goals in October on a random Tuesday. I usually aim to complete a couple of creative projects or learn something new. Currently, I’m learning French on my commute and volunteering more in the artist community. There’s a lot to do in Chicago.

Tagged with: 
January 9, 2023