Meet the Staff: Claire Snarksi

Meet the Staff: Claire Snarksi

Claire Snarski Headshot

More than 100 staff members work in the Division of the Humanities. We’ll introduce you to our staff in this continuing series.

Claire Snarski
Graphic Design Specialist
Department of Music and UChicago Presents

What do you like most about your job?

What I like most about my job is working with a group of spectacular colleagues. Every day I work with peers who are kind, knowledgeable, hard-working, and always willing to help and support me is a luxury that many people do not have in their workplace environment. I have worked for the Department of Music and UChicago Presents for a long time, and I have been fortunate enough to meet so many amazing people.

What was the last good book you read?

I wish I could say that I have read a lot of stellar books lately, but unfortunately my recent book count is way down due to my excitement over listening to podcasts…hello from a typical millennial! So maybe I share podcasts instead? If you’re looking to learn fun and interesting stories about Chicago, check out Curious City. If you love a good origin story for design and history topics, take a listen to 99% Invisible.

You might work with me if …

… you are part of the Department of Music and you are presenting or performing in one of our many concerts scheduled throughout the year. One of my main responsibilities for the Department of Music/UChicago Presents is creating all the promotional materials for each event/concert. You’ve probably seen my work up around campus! Interested in attending free concerts with student/staff/community member performers or excited to see world-class artists by purchasing discounted tickets for staff and faculty? Visit music.uchicago.edu to learn more.

What are you looking forward to in 2023?

Looking ahead to 2023, I am looking forward to is building a raised bed garden in my backyard. My husband and I recently purchased a Chicago Bungalow— first time homeowners. We are slowly checking off home improvement and upgrades from our list. We look forward to having fresh garden vegetables and herbs this summer. I am very excited that our new home has the space to build a large bed. Nothing is better than fresh herbs to enhance a homemade dish!

Tagged with: 
November 22, 2022