Meet the Staff: Miller C. Prosser

Meet the Staff: Miller C. Prosser

Miller C. Prosser photo by Erielle Bakkum

More than 100 staff members work in the Division of the Humanities. We’ll introduce you to our staff in this continuing series.

Miller C. Prosser
Associate Director of Digital Humanities

What do you like most about your job?
On any given day, I may talk to prospective students about the Digital Studies MA program, teach JavaScript programming or data management principles to DIGS MA students, or work on Humanities research projects like CEDAR on Biblical, Shakespeare, and Melville textual studies. Dies diem docet!

What was the last good book you read?
I'm currently reading two books in tandem, each of which challenges the accepted wisdom in their domain. In Phoenicians and the Making of the Mediterranean, Carolina López-Ruiz asks why the Phoenicians are not more celebrated for the way in which they connected cultures across the entire Mediterranean. In Publishing Scholarly Editions: Archives, Computing, and Experience, Christopher Ohge rethinks practical approaches to editing, publishing, and reading digital text editions.

You might work with me if…
You might already know me if you work on digital research in Humanities. I have the pleasure of working with many of you already on OCHRE database projects, digital imaging, web publication, or textual studies. If we haven’t met, stop by the Digital Studies offices at 5720 S. Woodlawn to discuss digital approaches to humanistic research.

Aside from Digital Studies, what else keeps you busy?
My wife and I are board game enthusiasts, an intentionally non-digital hobby.

Photo of Miller Prosser by Erielle Bakkum

Tagged with: 
April 21, 2022