Meet the Staff: Bonnie Tucker

Meet the Staff: Bonnie Tucker

More than 100 staff members work in the Division of the Humanities. We'll introduce you to our staff in this continuing series.

Bonnie Tucker
Research Specialist 
Office of the Dean

What do you like most about your job?
I really enjoy getting to know and collaborating with colleagues both inside and outside the Division on projects that support the work of faculty and students. It is inspiring to work with such an amazing group of people.

What was the last good book you read?
I have been on an Agatha Christie mystery binge lately, and I just finished The Moving Finger. It’s a fun, page-turner about a murder in a small town.

You might work with me if ...
…you need assistance with your department conducting a self-study, as I coordinate department reviews and conduct research for departmental self-studies. I also manage and coordinate Remote Humanities activities and events to support faculty teaching online and hybrid courses. So you might work with me if you’d like to meet with an Online Pedagogy Assistant (OPA) for some pedagogical or tech support for remote teaching, or to promote or attend an event focused on online pedagogy. For example, the first six weeks of this Autumn Quarter I organized a Friday Brown Bag Lunch series featuring panels of instructors from the Humanities Division informally sharing about and reflecting on their experiences teaching online and hybrid courses.

What's your favorite Thanksgiving side dish?
Does pumpkin pie count as a side dish? My Dad makes pumpkin pie every Thanksgiving with a recipe passed down from my grandmother. It’s delicious.

Tagged with: 
November 3, 2020