Meet the Staff: Maria Savannah

Meet the Staff: Maria Savannah

More than 100 staff members work in the Division of the Humanities. We'll introduce you to our staff in this continuing series.

Maria Savannah
Performance Program Coordinator
Department of Music

What do you like most about your job?
I love the wide variety of tasks and projects I get to work on throughout the year. Organizing and producing concerts is something I am really passionate about, and I get to do that with our student ensembles in the Performance Program and professional ensembles through the Chicago Center for Contemporary Composition (CCCC). It’s wonderful to get to interact with so many different types of people on campus.

What was the last good book you read?
I'm currently reading Blair Tindall's Mozart in the Jungle. Though there are many anecdotes in the book that are unique experiences to Blair, it does provide some realistic insight about the difficult-to-navigate world of professional classical music.

You might work with me if ...
… you need to book a Music Department space or have questions about the Performance Program. I also regularly interact with the amazing operations staff at the Logan Center, who help to make every concert and event a success.

What’s your favorite podcast at the moment, and why is it your favorite?
I love listening to NPR’s Hidden Brain. It discusses the “unconscious patterns that drive human behavior, shape our choices and direct our relationships.” The host is a great storyteller, and I’ve found so many of the topics really interesting! It’s a great podcast to listen to on a daily commute.

Tagged with: 
August 24, 2020