Meet the Staff: Starsha Gill

Meet the Staff: Starsha Gill

More than 100 staff members work in the Division of the Humanities. We'll introduce you to our staff in this continuing series.

Starsha Gill
Communications and Events Coordinator
Creative Writing

What do you like most about your job?
My favorite aspect of the job is graphic design. I've loved being able to think visually and spend time on creating a cohesive aesthetic for our program. Designing flyers for our events has also been a great creative outlet.

What was the last good book you read?
The New Me by Halle Butler. Butler just visited for our New Voices in Fiction reading series, and I laughed so hard my face hurt.

You might work with me if you...
…need to get the word out about events that pertain to people interested in the Program in Creative Writing or the Program in Poetry and Poetics. I communicate to our listservs about upcoming events on and off-campus, and I send out a weekly newsletter with highlights and notes from the Program. I also coordinate our events, so we may collaborate if we are co-sponsoring an event together. For example, we are working with seven other departments and programs to produce our lecture series with Anne Carson in December!

When you’re not at work, what kinds of projects do you like to take on? 
I have a rambunctious four year old, so I happily create adventures and projects with her and my husband. Mostly, we are just eating our way through Chicago.

Tagged with: 
November 6, 2019