Meet the Staff: Ingrid Sagor

Meet the Staff: Ingrid Sagor

Ingrid Sagor

More than 100 staff members work in the Division of the Humanities. We'll introduce you to our staff in this continuing series.

Ingrid Sagor
Department Administrator, Department of Comparative Literature
Office: Classics 116

What do you like most about your job?
I really enjoy the breadth of my work, it’s such a range--everything from student support to financial management, social media to events--it keeps me busy and every day is a little different. And of course, working closely with faculty and our students is really engaging. I like hearing about their research, asking them questions, and bouncing ideas off of them for my own projects.

What was the last good book you read?
I just finished The Emigrants by W.G. Sebald, which was recommended to me by Eric Santner, whose scholarship overlaps with my interests, and I just started The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John le Carré, which is a fast and cerebral spy novel I’m really enjoying. 

You might work with me if you...
need to crosslist a course with Comparative Literature; collaborate or co-sponsor an event or lecture; or develop programming related to gender and inclusion. I am also excited to serve on the Humanities Diversity & Inclusion committee alongside some very talented and committed faculty and staff colleagues in the coming years.

If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and why?
Amelia Earhart was a childhood hero of mine. I have always admired her strength and courage, and would like to know the answer to the mystery surrounding her disappearance.

Tagged with: 
September 4, 2018