GradUCon Connects Current Students with Successful Alumni
A record number of graduate and postdoctoral students, alumni, and faculty members participated in the fifth annual GradUCon, a daylong career and professionalization event to help graduate students prepare for the job market within and outside academia.
The conference featured a resume workshop, nine panel discussions, and a reception where attendees could connect with University alumni. The panels reflected the multiple career paths available to graduate students, focusing on careers in art museums, K-12 education and community colleges, working abroad, and more.
Tableau, the alumni magazine for the Division of the Humanities, regularly features alumni who pursue non-academic careers. Learn more about how graduate study at the University of Chicago can lead to a successful career:
- MAPH alumni: “Sell Me a Story”
- Alumni in journalism “How Did You Get That Awesome Job?”
- Alumni in book publishing: “Publish and Flourish” and “Is Loving Books Enough?”
- Alumni in non-profits: “Finding a Non-Profit Niche” and “Mission Critical”
- Alumni in the arts: “Team Matisse”
Find out more about the 2014 GradUCon at UChicago news.