Meet the Staff: Eleanor Timmermann

Meet the Staff: Eleanor Timmermann

Eleanor Timmermann Headshot

More than 100 staff members work in the Division of the Humanities. We’ll introduce you to our staff in this continuing series.

What do you like most about your job?

Working in HR Operations provides me with the unique opportunity to connect with students, staff, and faculty across the Humanities. I enjoy helping people navigate and understand systems and structures, which are in some cases new to them. I am also a problem solver and get great satisfaction when I can identify an issue and offer a solution.

What was the last good book you read?

I recently read Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver. This novel explores topics ranging from climate change, education, class, marriage, media, and religion. I recommend you add it to your list!

You might work with me if …

You are hiring a student worker or temp staff member. You might also work with me if you are helping to onboard a new faculty member or are a new faculty member yourself!

Is there a recipe from your family or friends that you find both delicious and unique? Why?

My mom makes a dessert we call “blueberry slump.” Blueberry slump is a cobbler-like concoction that has a sugar crisped cake floating on an intense blueberry base with hints of lemon and cinnamon. When I asked my mom how she would describe it she said, “Blueberry slump is the taste of a beautiful summer day in July.” I could not agree more.

Tagged with: 
July 18, 2023