Meet the Staff: Carol Ng-He

Meet the Staff: Carol Ng-He

Carol Ng-He Headshot

More than 100 staff members work in the Division of the Humanities. We’ll introduce you to our staff in this continuing series.

Carol Ng-He
Digital Collections Curator
Center for the Art of East Asia
Department of Art History

What do you like most about your job?

My job allows me to take part in the important efforts to promote East Asian art and visual culture. Through the grant-funded Dispersed Chinese Art Digitization Project, I collaborate with a team of international scholars and digital experts to help increase global understanding of China’s cultural heritage. I enjoy the opportunity to learn more about the art and culture that I grew up with, while contributing to the long-term preservation of and access of our research materials for a broader audience.

What was the last good book you read?

I like graphic novels because of the combination of art and text for storytelling. One of them includes Anne Frank’s Diary: The Graphic Adaptation (2018) by Ari Folman, illustrated by David Polonsky. There are many different adaptations of this book; this adaptation resonates with me the most because of the stunning artistic style and interesting interpretation of the original version.

You might work with me if …

You are interested in the center’s digital collections, the Dispersed Chinese Art Digitization Project, and/or any collaboration opportunities with us.

Do you have any routines for improving your energy and focus?

I tune into WFMT radio station and have classical and folk music in the background as I go through my day.

Tagged with: 
June 12, 2023