Meet the Staff: William Weaver

Meet the Staff: William Weaver

William Weaver

More than 100 staff members work in the Division of the Humanities. We'll introduce you to our staff in this continuing series.

William Weaver
Department Administrator, Department of Philosophy
Office: Stuart 202

What do you like most about your job?
I spend a significant amount time talking to--and solving problems with--students, faculty, staff, and alums with very lively brains. It's a real pleasure to buzz around in the University hive mind!

What was the last good book you read?
One of my daughters gave me Victor Pelevin's Buddha's Little Finger, whose protagonist is either in the middle of the Russian Revolution dreaming of being in a modern madhouse or vice-versa (or does it matter??). Wicked pretentious but still good. I've also been slowly working my way through everything by that jazzy Haruki Murakami. And I recently reread Veeck as in Wreck -it still cracks me up. 

You might work with me if you need...
Information about the Department of Philosophy, administrative procedures of academic units, the university as a whole, Hyde Park history and politics, children's literature, or the Chicago Bulls!

What are you most looking forward to this Spring?
Walking around various Chicago neighborhoods without a winter jacket (I have a turn-of-the-century architecture problem).

Tagged with: 
February 21, 2018