Meet the Staff: Lauren Zawilenski

Meet the Staff: Lauren Zawilenski

Lauren Zawilenski

More than 100 staff members work in the Division of the Humanities. We'll introduce you to our staff in this continuing series.

Lauren Zawilenski
Human Resources and Payroll Administrator
Office: Walker 207

What do you like most about your job?
I very much enjoy the variety of interesting people that walk through my door. Visiting scholars and students have come from all parts of the world, and it’s so interesting to hear about their homes from Cuba, Catalonia, Canada, France, India, and so many more. I also have really great colleagues in the Dean’s suite that have been nothing but supportive and so kind to work with.

What was the last good book you read?
I’ve been on a bit of a horror/thriller kick lately, so I’ve finished both Hannibal and Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris. I’m also currently (slowly) working on The Alienist by Caleb Carr. I want to watch the show, but I have to finish the book first!

You might work with me if you...
…to hire a student or staff, to post a job, to pay someone for extra work, get a new person set up with their CNet ID, set them up in the HR system, or request anything else HR/Payroll related.

What tv show/movie is your guilty pleasure?
I don’t have just one guilty pleasure tv show/movie, but I think it’s more of a “type” of tv show/movie that is a guilty pleasure, and that’s anything historically related: Downton Abbey, Peaky Blinders, Penny Dreadful, Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries, The Paradise, The English Patient, The Phantom Thread, Gone with the Wind. Just give me anything based in 1950 or earlier with great fashion and costumes, and I will watch it no matter how bad the plot or acting is. I’m currently anxiously waiting for The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society to come out on Netflix, too!

Tagged with: 
July 26, 2018