Medieval Futures Symposium
|When||April 29, 2017 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM |
|Where||Cochrane-Woods Art Center 157 |
|Contact Information||Art History Department |
|Description||The colloquium Medieval Futures: Anticipation, Prognostication, and Speculatio in Britain will take place at the University of Chicago on Saturday April 29. Gathering a multidisciplinary group of scholars, this event seeks to think with and theorize questions of futurity from a variety of perspectives, especially as they relate to the aesthetic production of medieval Britain. |
A keynote lecture will be delivered by Professor Suzanne Conklin Akbari (University of Toronto). Closing remarks will be offered by Julie Orlemanski (Department of English Language and Literature, University of Chicago).
- Anne F. Harris (Vice President for Academic Affairs and Johnson Family University Professor of Art and Art History, DePauw University)
- Patricia Clare Ingham (Professor of English, Indiana University-Bloomington)
- Richard Leson (Associate Professor of Art History, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee)
- D. Vance Smith (Professor of English, Princeton University)
- Alexis Becker (Collegiate Assistant Professor in the Humanities, University of Chicago)
- Aden Kumler (Associate Professor of Art History and the College, University of Chicago)
- Mark Miller (Associate Professor of English, University of Chicago)
- Beth Woodward (PhD Candidate in Art History, University of Chicago)
The colloquium is organized by Carly B. Boxer, Jack Dragu, and Luke A. Fidler and generously supported by a Graduate Initiative Project grant from the Nicholson Center for British Studies, the Department of Art History, the Department of English Language and Literature, the Franke Institute for the Humanities, the French Section of the Department of Romance Languages and Literatures, and the Humanities Division Graduate Student Council.
For more information, please see the conference website or contact the organizers (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com).
|Categories||Conferences/Lectures, Conferences, Lectures, Arts |
|Persons with disabilities who need an accommodation in order to participate in this event should contact the event sponsor for assistance. |
Back to main calendar