Meet the Staff: Alison LaTendresse

Meet the Staff: Alison LaTendresse

More than 100 staff members work in the Division of the Humanities. We'll introduce you to our staff in this continuing series.

Alison LaTendresse
Associate Director of Programs and Student Affairs, Department of Visual Arts
Office: Logan Center 236

What do you like most about your job?
It’s hard to know where to start! I love working with our students. They always challenge me to think in new ways and to question my assumptions. I also love all of the big and little details of administration: scheduling, problem solving, putting out fires, etc.

What was the last good book you read?
I’m almost done with My Struggle: Book 1 by Karl Ove Knausgaard. I resisted reading it for a long time, and I actively disliked it for about the first 100 pages, but now I’m in love. My favorite books that I’ve read recently are LaRose by Louise Erdrich, The Book of Strange New Things by Michel Faber, Pym by Mat Johnson, and The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro. All four of those books are still rattling around in my head, so it’s hard to pick just one.

You might work with me if you need...
… to know anything about Visual Arts or arts in general at the university. I’ve been here for many years, so I’m also happy to help my colleagues with general questions about departmental administration whenever I can.

What’s your favorite museum in the city? Are there any upcoming exhibitions you’re looking forward to?
This is a tough one, given what an amazing city this is for museums. The MCA has been putting on some pretty spectacular shows in the past couple of years, so they’re my current favorite (and the museum I visit most often). As for upcoming exhibitions, I’m really excited about William Pope.L’s show Brown People are the Wrens in the Parking Lot at Logan Center Exhibitions. The project is ongoing in the Logan Center, and the show opens in the Gallery on November 10th.

Tagged with: 
October 3, 2017